Tuesday, January 9, 2007

ASPECTS

Most of the aspects used are based on the 90-degree dial and include all aspects on the dial down to the tiny dots.

Major aspects are 22 1/2 degrees (the big dot on the dial) and multiples of 22 1/2--the conjunction, square, opposition, semisquare and sesquiquadrate (2nd thru 8th harmonics) Very few are further than 1 degree orb.

Minor aspects--based on the small dot--are divisions of 22 1/2. they are 5 degrees 37'37" (64H), 11 degrees 15' and 16 degrees 52' (32H).

Many, many of the illustrations used in Midpoint Observatory are based on 64th harmonic aspects--5 degrees 37' 30". That's because when you use such small aspects you increase the probability of seeing many more aspects.

Many, many solar charts are used as illustrations. Most of the pictures from solar charts use the (more reliably positioned) outer planets and the 64th harmic sort from which I think you can often get lots of specific information. Sometimes scenarios are practically spelled out in sentences.

The question of orb is still open with the minor aspects. Certain examples make larger orbs compelling, as when multiple points form a picture or when they're clustered around the Aries point. Usually they are 30' or less.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My natal mercury at 18°11' Leo forms a tight sextile with my natal mars at 18°14' Gemini. I am having a difficult time with my deceitful ex-husband who is seeking to overturn our divorce of 16 years. He is hiding assets and lying to the court and having a profoundly disturbing effect on my own sense of reality. I wonder if this might be an expression of Neptune transiting the midpoint of my natal mercury/mars, forming a square aspect to natal mars and an inconjunction with my natal mercury. Transiting Neptune is currently trine to my natal mercury/mars midpoint